Monday, August 8, 2011

Scrap Happy News

Remember that layout that I made the night I couldn't sleep?  The one that was picked up for publication by ScrapStreet magazine, a couple of weeks ago?  Well that same layout won a challenge for me over at Scrapping Everyday Miracles this past weekend.  Yah!  I should scrap in the middle of the night more often :)  On it's way to yours truly are 3, yes three bundles of fabulously fun ribbon from the lovely Kim Duran at Paper Loves Glue.   If you have a ribbon addiction like me you should really check out her Etsy shop.  I also was among the Top 3 layouts of the month, and am now sporting a snazzy new SEM badge on the blog.  See it?

On another scrappy note I created this layout for the LOAW (layout a week challenge) over at the Studio Calico message board.  The challenge was to use this sketch created by the uber talented Marcy Penner.
 I flipped the sketch, but kept pretty much right on spot with the main elements..
I really, really love the white cardstock as a base, think I'm going to try more of that

On the family front.  I said goodbye to Isabelle and her bff Hannah this morning, as I dropped them off at the church for their bus ride out to Red Rock Bible Camp.  They are in for a fabulous week of fun & games, meeting other girls their age, and most importantly learning about their Great Big God and how He's constantly at work in their lives, and continues to call them closer to himself.  I look forward to hearing all about their week when we go to pick them up on Saturday.

Feeling incredibly blessed today.  Hope you are too.

♥ S. Pin It

6 comments:

Tanya said...

SO SO SO Proud of you :) Congrats Sher!

Kim Duran said...

Yeah! Big congratulations to you Sherri for creating such a wonderful layout, having it published AND for winning the challenge! It can't get any better than that! I hope you enjoy the ribbon and thank you for such sweet comments about my little shop!

Pam said...

Congrats Sherri, that is so exciting...maybe you should scrap late in the night more, ha!

I adore that ribbon shop, thanks for sharing;)

Love your layout too, I like using white cardstock as a base too...if you can pull me away from kraft;)

Sharon said...

Yipee and congrats!! I love the above layout - absolutely A-dorable- just like you:-)

Lilith Eeckels said...

Congrats!!! And your layout is stunning!

Carol said...

loooove your layout!!!!!
congrats on all the fun stuff ;)