Saturday, July 16, 2011

Unpluging for a few

Just wanted to pop in and say that the girls (my girls that is) and I are getting away for a few days.  Off to the lake, just us.  The weather has been really nice here, and is suppose to continue well into next week, so by the beach is where we want to be.  It will be nice to unplug for a bit, and recharge.  A friend loaned me this book, and I'm excited to dig into it.   I started this one a couple of weeks ago.  It's a little slow moving though, so if it doesn't pick up soon, I'm moving on.  I've also jumped back to the book of Exodus in the Bible, and continue to be blown away by the sheer number of specifications, and directions the Israelites were required to follow in order to gain forgiveness from their sins.  It leaves me deeply thankful every time I read for the incredible gift of salvation Jesus offers us by taking our sin upon himself once and for all.  There's no way I would have been able to keep all those details straight. 

On the scrappy front.  I was super thrilled to see this post on My Scrapbook Nook forum the other day.  It's so neat to see others' interpretation of my work.  I played around a little more with my July kit and created this quick and easy card for Danni's recipe challenge.

There are some other great creations to see, you should jump over and have a look.  I just love the talented bunch at the Nook, we have a lot of cyber fun together.

The ever so talented Pam, also had an Ad Challenge this moth.  Here's what I put together for it...
I really like this layout, and loved the challenge, it totally took me outside of my comfort zone in design style.
All the new CHA stuff has been revealed by now, and I'm totally looking forward to this, this, this, this and this just to name a few.  What's caught your eye this release?

Time to get moving here.  Hope you're having a fantastic summer thus far.

Thanks again for stopping by, I sure appreciate it.

♥ S. Pin It

2 comments:

Pam said...

I think I need everything you linked:) As well as some of the new October Afternoon, Lily Bee, American Crafts...not sure how I am going to narrow down all the pretties!

I love your take on the ad challenge and love your interpretation of the recipe too:)

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy said...

Great takes on both challenges Sherri! That card is so cute! Love your choices there!:)