Thursday, February 24, 2011

Welcome here!

Hi there,

Welcome here.  For the longest time I've been a fan of other people's blogs.  Scrappy blogs, spiritual blogs, and others that catch my attention along the way.  I've always enjoyed getting to know someone new.  For as long as I can remember I've been an outgoing person who looks for the wall flowers in the room and tries to get to know a little bit about them.  To be honest, that habit, on occasion, has resulted in my being labeled as nosy.  It's not out of a sense of personal gain, however, that I seek to know others, but more out of a knowledge that we're all looking to belong.  We all want to know that we matter to the rest of the world, that our existence isn't simply for not: we're born, we live, we die.  No, at the core each of us hopes that we matter to someone.  So, that's how I live my life, seeking to really know the people with whom I come into contact.  In my profile I've written this "I am a girl who loves Jesus, and her family above all else. I love the power of story and believe we become a better place collectively when we choose to learn more about each other. Our unique story, with it's ups and downs, it's similarities and differences have the power to transform us into more loving, compassionate and grateful individuals. So this is my story."

I know there are a lot of blogs out there, many of which will be much prettier, and better laid out, more informative, and compelling, with writers who are seasoned in the craft, and who have more words of wisdom.  Starting this blog isn't for them, however.  Starting up this blog is for me.  A challenge in many ways to set push myself beyond my limits.  To allow others into my world, just as I seek to learn a little about theirs.  It's also a place where I will share my joy of scrapbooking, and what I'm learning in my relationship with Jesus.  If those are compelling enough reasons for you to want to stay and get comfortable, then I sincerely welcome you here.  For, the rest who are simply passing through, thanks so much for popping by and may you be blessed as you continue on your way.

 Here's to new beginnings friend.  In the meantime I'll leave you with a layout I completed recently about myself (that's a very rare thing indeed!)

Products: Webster's Pages papers, stickers, and feather/flower element, Cosmo Cricket alphas, and misc trim


♥ S. Pin It

7 comments:

Tanya said...

I LOVE this LO, you should scrap more you moments, cause you are one of the most beautiful people I know, I am honored to call you friend :)

Becky said...

I'm your first follower!
Looking forward to reading. :)

Pam said...

Hi Sherri:) Congrats on the new blog...love what you wrote about people's stories...so so so true!

That is a stunning layout too...totally rocked the kit;)

I hope you have a fabulous weekend!

Carla Anne Coroy said...

Yeah!! A blog! How wonderful is that??!?! I love to see your stuff, maybe I'll see more this way.

Hey... if you want, my blog graphic code is on my blog site if you want to grab it for your 'other blogs'. I noticed you just have my website there, which is fine if you prefer that.

Also... great choice on template! ;)

Carol said...

how fun to see you have a blog now!!! hope you enjoy it ;)

Jessy Christopher said...

Yes you are a wonderfully made & you are a beautiful woman! Of course that layout says it all :)

Krystal Thwaites said...

This is great, Sherri! I'm going to follow along ( and it IS a pretty site)
Have fun with it!